Sunday 30 November 2014

My collaboration with 'childhood memories' - Sapodilla




Here is another collaboration, this time with Diana aka Sapodilla. Our discussion was along the lines of childhood memories of foods and meals we both would have eaten while growing up. Diana is fun and a pleasure to work with and I think we blended well since she dealt with memories and I, good health. And we know that the further back we think of in the past, most of us did not have as much junk food at our disposal as we do now and since I go back a little further than other in class I have great memories of this.

 She grew up having many fruit trees in her yard and off course if you have been reading my blogs I’m an advocate for having a variety of fruits and vegetables in our diet. She remembers crops like ginger, tipi-tamboo, yam, avocado, corn, pigeon peas, a nine month crop, sorrel, another 9 month-crop, shadow-benny, cucumber and tomatoes.




I also grew up with the experience of a back-yard garden with things like tomatoes, peas, cherries, mangoes, coconuts and lettuce. Some others I can’t remember. It was hard work but it paid off with good health. What we did not plant we got at the market, like ground provision and pumpkin. I also remember going to the country almost every school holiday and drinking ‘cocoa-tea’ (dark chocolate) one of my most favourite food memories. Don’t start salivating now! With all this food talk I just might.






 



1 comment:

  1. Hi Patrick just love the way you think and love your picture

    ReplyDelete